Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All That I Have



This post is special, for it is the two hundred and fiftieth time I am hitting the button 'Publish' on this blog. I could have written about something which constantly nags my mind like I always do, but when I saw the number '250' I realized that over the years I have walked a very long way here in this blog and therefore I decided to do some pit stop thinking.I know this is no big feat but much thanks to each one of you have read and liked what I  write.The love that you shower on my words means a lot to me, because words are all that I have.

If I had to do a reality check, half the people who know me personally are completely unaware of this blog.I have never been open about my writing, few of them who understand what a blog is[read something beyond a personal diary] do appreciate and are surprised. Blogging and all began when Anup asked me to try it sometime around three years ago, and who knew it then that I will be doing it so passionately. Gratitude would be a belittle thing to give him because even to this day he tells me that I can do much more.

Today when I look at what I call 'My Nest',I am more than overwhelmed. I am proud of some, I am disaapointed by some. A mixed bag of feelings. I know there is a lot left to learn. And blogging to me means nothing but that. To learn to write, to learn to read, to learn to feel, to learn to better, to learn to share and to learn to live. There are many of you bloggers out there doing the same, ain't any different.I know how much you guys can relate to this.A blog is more than a place to tell our story, sing some poetry or put up some of our favorite pictures. Ofcourse that's what most of us do in the name of a blog, but the bottom line is it is a 'BLOG' and it connects to the world in its own way. Its a sheer pleasure to know that someone like minded somewhere reads what you write,thinks what your think and feels what you feel, and that's all is what matters.


“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. 
No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.”
-Robert Frost-

Thank you for trying to relate to everything that I put up here:-)

-R.

5 comments:

Anil said...

250th! Applause applause! Remember trying to comment on your posts and by the time I'd decided to there were 2-3 new posts already published! For a doctor who's busy in her own world , to make time and write is something really appreciable. Keep them coming! Luk forward for more.

Cheers
Anil

Akshaya Borkar said...

Great job Raksha, Keep the good work... I would always read your posts :D

Sashmi Manandhar said...

Dear Rakshya,
I cannot begin to tell you how I love reading your blogs...you are really an awesome writer...Being a doctor myself, I can usually relate to the medical blogs you publish, yet I enjoy others as much...Keep up the good work...All the best... :)

Obsessivemom said...

Hey congratulations Raksha. I don't know how you manage to keep your blog alive despite being in such a demanding profession. Great job.

Raksha Bhat said...

@Anil: My first question to you- Where on earth are you these days? No message...no ping...no keep in touch:P...and ya thank you for being one of those people who know me and my blog equally:)

@Akshaya: Thank you for that Akshaya:)

@Sashmi: When it comes from a peer it means much more..thank you Sashmi:)

@Obsessivemom: When one has the heart for it, making time for it is not a difficult at all:) Thank you for the wishes:)