Monday, May 28, 2012

Snort


Picture Courtesy



Mediocrity at work and learning just sucks. Some people do not reach even that which is all the more denerving. Of late I have had an annoying lot around me doing things which they are not supposed to and not doing things which they are supposed to, and surprisingly stand by it like pigs in the puddle. You can deal with them if you are wise and smart. But there are days when you inevitably lose your cool. And yeah if I am blogging about it here it means I have had enough.

Where does all the conscience go, when a signature appears for a day the workplace did not see the person, when somebody’s hard work is being sniffed without permission, when he or she knows that someone is overworked just because the rest of the people around are those with a problem in their upper chamber, like how one of my professor rightly puts it. I guess your work culture and attitude comes from all the upbringing and schooling. Well nobody is perfect, but sometimes I wonder where does all the humility and accountability go.

Unfortunately these pigs are more royal than loyal and there is nothing that you can resolve in peace with them. The worst thing that can happen is, day by day you realize that there are more pigs around you than you had ever imagined. Currently that's my state. I was very nice to all the pigs around me all this while, call me dumb headed or whatever. I thought I can handle a sounder of them. But when it went beyond a point of my dignity of thought and living, I flared up. I have learned it the hard way. A tiger growls at you, you know he is showing you his power but when a pig snorts you just cannot take it, you just cannot!

Picture Courtesy
-R.

2 comments:

Bikramjit said...

oooops .. I hope things get sorted ..

but what you have explained is I guess very common and it happens all the time .

I guess that what corporate life is I think. People who dont deserve get it all

Bikram's

Raksha Bhat said...

@Bikram: And we gotta learn to deal and live with it:)