Friday, July 4, 2014

Phone-A-Phriend



While we dream of the impossible there are some obvious things which escape our attention. When Indiblogger and ASUS India came up with this contest asking us to think of what ‘SUPERPOWER’ we wish to give our PHONE’ to do what others can never do, to see what others can never see and to have that edge, all I did was brood over my bucket list for days and nights before I started writing about it. There are a hell lot of ‘I-wish-I-could-do-that’ and ‘I-wish-I-could-see-that’ wants and needs in my life which can be considered quite normal, well there is no superpower feeling about it. Time travel my foot, if I cannot live in the present or remember the past or hope for the future. Neither do I want to apparate. Also my imaginations fly enough and I am too self-absorbed to want to read what is going on in somebody's head. Everything pretty human.


 The most tiring of task for me frankly is to know what exactly I want to do or what I am feeling every other moment, most of the days go with the flow before I realize. Places I don’t want to visit, people ain’t eager to meet, music I rather not hear and discussions I better not get into end up happening, all with the flow. Only some superpower I think can help me handle and avoid that. What if I had someone or something to tell me that constantly? To tell what is the best for me depending on how my mental and physical circuits are running on that day, seems reasonable isn’t it? What use is a superpower if there is nothing realistic about it by the way ?



*Image courtesy for making this picture: Google images

Now think of this, you phone has this wonder program which works like some fairy dust. The moment you touch and hold it in your hands, look at it or make some noise or simply if you are around somewhere it senses you. Like how the wand chooses its wizard at Mr. Ollivanders [Read Harry Potter!]. Your  phone has been with you all this while, you have been charging it, you have been feeding it with memos and reminders, it has your calls and texts, it knows whom you are close to and you are not, it is aware of your likes and dislikes. There are no secrets. And one fine day what if it starts helping you without you asking for it ? Amazing right ! Imagine your 'phriend' telling you now and then:



 I would go bonkers over my phone if it could do that. I wouldn't have to think what next. I wouldn't have to judge. I wouldn't have to decide. I wouldn't have to fear what I detest. I wouldn't have to control. It would save me of all the trouble that I face when I try to understand myself. Awesome superpower isn't it ? Your soul talking aloud. Some day soon, maybe.



" If you could travel through time or vanish into thin air
Or  turn into a superhero or fly or read an another mind
There is still one super power you wish you better have
For the only long row to hoe in this big all blessed world 
What others can't see or do forever, is to try to know you
A SUper Smart phriend with all selflessness always will "
 

-R.

PS: This post is written as a part of  Indiblogger and ASUS India - In Search Of The Incredible - Do What Others Can't Do #INCREDIBLEZEN :-)
Indiblogger & ASUS India

 

6 comments:

Bikram said...

I need one of those for sure :)

Bikram

Raksha Bhat said...

@Bikram : After me! After me! ;-)

Bikram said...

ok ok .. but hurry up . .dont take tooo long :)

Bikram

Raksha Bhat said...

@Bikram : I wish we seriously had one of this kind! :-)

rangelz said...

That is a lovely blog there. are those pictures your illustrations? :)

Raksha Bhat said...

@rangelz: Thank you so much...yes they are mine...I doodle a bit too! :-)