BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose


...whether you give it with your left hand or right, so I argued with one of my friends way back in school. It was during one of those functions when we had to go up the podium and give each of the teachers sitting there one. And me being left handed, it was quite scout like, surprisingly the teacher smiled too. Well, that's the magic about a rose. It conveys everything that you feel - how many ever you give, however you give and whichever colour you give, it really doesn't matter. I am sharing a few of my favorite rosy quotes today. I hope they make you smile too :-)

"What's in a name ? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

-William Shakespeare



"The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose."

-George William Curtis



"A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too. I want to encourage women to embrace their own uniqueness."

-Miranda Kerr



"One rose says more than a dozen."

-Wendy Craig

And last but my favorite: 


"Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a lot to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary."

-Unknown-

-R.

1 comment:

Chandru Angiya said...

Without the leaf, there is no rose! All extraordinary needs an ordinary to support it! ;)