BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Sunday, August 2, 2015

As Kids See It







There is something specially striking about this signboard. Isn’t it more inviting than it is supposed to be? This is on the door of my 11 year old nephew’s room. I was compelled to enter after seeing this. Fortunately I survived the voltage, the weapons, the guns and the explosives ;-) It completely overwhelmed me, this level of imagination. Perhaps because it reminded me of what I put up on my room door when I was a kid. Thoughts were simple back then, a Winnie-The-Pooh or a crayoned flower would do. 

Kids these days have exposure to a lot of things unlike the medieval times I belong to, and this little fellow seemed nothing short of a genius to me when I had this inspiring conversation with him this afternoon. It deserved a write up on this blog.

“Do you really have them inside your room?” I asked him and chuckled.

“Haha Raksha Chikki, you don’t know that much also?” he questioned me in return and jumped on his bed doing his typical antics.

I looked at him with amusement.

“You think I am Yakub or what, I have to become like Abdul Kalam to make some super strong ones!” he said adjusting his spectacles and grinding his bunny teeth.

I am a proud aunt today. Sometimes we don't need treaties and conventions to make this world a better place. If we make sense, a sense which helps us know what is right and what is wrong it will eventually make peace. A kid sees something what we adults don't.

-R.

2 comments:

Gemstone said...

HA HA .. Very Humorous .

Amit
lamba

Raksha Bhat said...

@Gemstone: I would say 'Smart' :-)