BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Monday, October 11, 2010

In Giving




We conjure up an image of the world we want to live in.And often we end up seeing what we wish to see.There are people, places and moments that give us that picture perfect feeling and it seems as though it is meant to be, for always.But this can come with a clause.I do not call it a compromise, quite a lame term that is and maybe for the most of us it is very difficult to accept.

Not always does life give us a ‘yes’ or a’ no’ to choose.Where I sit often is on the wall in between,for  what is difficult for me to see is the thin line of fog. Indecisiveness comes easy.Acceptance does not.Sometimes I do feel I either have to make it stay or let it go by.But I just let it be.

I own a sack of bizarre wishes and dreams like everyone else but I chose not to rant about them to anyone.This does reflect a deep shade of mine which by choice I keep to myself.I rather paint a smile, a giggle, a cry or maybe even silence and keep all the rest away.It is an unconscious effort.It does work.I am horribly afraid of losing what I already have.We all are! 

Each one of us gets our worth of sunshine days and it is not right on our part to wish for clouds just because we cannot bear the heat anymore, for someone it might be a glimpse of their first day. It is too presumptuous to compare our dreams and expectations with anybody’s else.We lose our boundaries when it comes to satisfying ourselves.I have at times.Sometimes it brings repentance for all the right and wrong reasons.Fortunately there are times when I have gained enormous strength as a person,for the me in me.

This is nothing close to the“Growing-up-getting–serious-philosophy”.It is an essential realization.I am learning that I should give more than to take, expect good more than bad.It does carry a huge risk along but as long as am here I shall lend my share.


There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life-happiness, freedom and a peace of mind - are always attained by giving them to someone else~ Peyton Conway March

-R.

3 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

yep, if we dont share, if we dont give, we dont receive anything :-)

A Restless Mind With A Sensitive Heart! said...

In the moments of pain and anguish, the learning takes place, as I understand you are undergoing. Truely, when we begin to give, we get fulfilled somewhere.

good thoughts.

RESTLESS

Raksha Bhat said...

@Raajii: Welcome here Raajii,thank you for that nice thought:)

@A Restless Mind With A Sensitive Heart!: Thank you,we always learn better the hard way,don't we:)