BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Paper And Ink

This picture reminds me of BLOSSOMS bookstore!
Like every morning that greets with drops dew
A book is this life, every day its page bright new

Doors now open to call me with their magic spell
Of a world where tales live more than they all tell

Stories many in this big paradise I thank and take
Lines left to read, my thoughts that wait to wake

Words many in tunes now talk with my happy heart
Springs a joy in the mind that shall now never part

Friends now I can make, no fairy or angel shall send.
The last leaf smells as afresh,well in every 'the end'.

-R.

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."- Paul Sweeney

3 comments:

kunjan said...

nice poem.....n the quote is so true....

Dr. Pratibha Singh said...

lovely poem.

Raksha Bhat said...

@ kunjan & Prathibha The Talent: Thank You:)