BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Saturday, November 6, 2010

On A Canary Day



A life unlike a princess perfect who lives in the sky castle
Breeze of nights to sleep after storm of days wild hassle
Skies beyond the clouds to spread my little wings and fly
Nest that I call home holds my soul and feathers when dry
Songs of rain and sunshine in my heart to last for ever fill
 My bunting blue who guards my dreams on its window sill
Sparrows a few who chirp in sync with my each trifling line
Blessings these I promise to keep always as treasures mine!

Today is mine, well like any other day.I am feeling good for all that am gifted with, wrapped in love and thrown in kind.Laughter and grief alike.At times when the world is a quieter place, when silence breaks my eardrums all that is left to hear is my heart beat.I like the feel of it, the joy that it pumps in tons amidst a mellowed flow, like an elixir.I am happy that it makes me feel more than alive.

Every day brings a pleasure,especially when I have wonderful people at home who help me be what I am.I love them, all three. Not words but feelings fall short when I think of someone or something that I really need to be thankful about.It is difficult to understand certain kinds of love especially the ones we take for granted.And all of you out there who touch my life with the slightest gesture of goodness and else, you will matter to me, forever.A toast to the ones who go by my rule book and flip those pages with a pure strength of patience.An extra bottle to the gutsy ones who tear pages and scratch my lines only to add their most beautiful chapters,the ones who came and choose to stay.
  
Time does not bring or carry anything with it.If we look hard and close we always have enough.There is always a room for perfectness and happiness, and there is where I wish to live.But growing up and out of my nest is a strange and uncomfortable feeling.So much to do and so little time.Well life it is, all it does is smile.I smile back.Sometime ago I was born this day.Glad I did.                                         




“Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we’ll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that can never end”-Richard Bach





 PS1: A  problem with reminding bunting everyone's birthday,I have to take a special class and remind him mine too;)

PS2: Appa has lots of goodies for his daughter,Amma is jealous;)


-R.

9 comments:

D2 said...

Happy birthday, Raksha.
Loved the piece. Th quote was splendidly chosen. :)

Raksha Bhat said...

@D2: Thank you again:)

WritingsForLife said...

aww... this is such a cute post.

Happy Birthday!I hope you had a great time :-)

Shwetha Kiran said...

Best wishes for a Wonderful girl on her wonderful birthday and for a wonderful post!!
Many many happy writtens of the day for a cute little canary:)fly as high and as far as u can.. Sky is the limit!!

Raksha Bhat said...

@Raajii:Thank you so much:)

@Shwetha:Thank you again:)

Aashi said...

A belated happy birthday dear :D

Raksha Bhat said...

@Aashi: Thank you Aashi:)

bhagyareema said...

Belated birthday wishes, lovely post

Raksha Bhat said...

@bhagyareema: Thank you so much:)