BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Party


The best thing about the oldest of our friends is that their advices come when we most need them, often even without asking. Everything they say or recommend are enough to put things back on track. They can break our heart open the way it needs to be. There is something apart from motivation in their words, their actions and the way they put matters across. Knowing them pretty well we often fight, judge, and come to conclusions. At some point we may even think that they may not be the best in town for help or for any kind of solutions, we may lose hope but the truth is whether we realize this or not there is our guardian angel in one form or the other in them. Their casual comments, subtle remarks and sometimes just one thinkable thought is enough to give us that one push. One such friend of mine asked me today "Why don't you live life like its  a party?" I have been thinking since then, and I am glad that I am:-)

Considering where the worm in my head came from, I could not stop sharing this strip:

Picture Courtesy

“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.” 

-Shauna Niequist-

-R.

1 comment:

VNP said...

Landed here from Indiblogger.

One can live life like a party, but then what kind of a party? a silent one or noisy one? with friends or alone? with music-dance or with silent chit-chat? seeing that way.. anything can be a party.. maybe we are already living like its a party.