BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birthday




So when is your birthday
And why were you born
I asked a pretty butterfly
She flew high and around
Over the tall green trees
And kissed every flower
Whiffing, and whistling
At last sat on my shoulder
Whispering with a smile
Said, you want to know
When I became what
 I was meant to be?
And really stopped being
That one crawling worm
The day when I got my wings
The day when I felt this air
For the very first time
That one beautiful day
Today, pretty much 
Sums up my birthday

-R.

PS: Ahem, the butterfly feeling...

3 comments:

Sri Valli said...

Very beautiful imagination from butterfly perspective!...Sweet lovely poem!

Bikram said...

hmmmmmmmmm wish i could answer that


Bikram's

Raksha Bhat said...

@Sri Valli: Thank you:)

@Bikram: :)